A little bit for the Nature ! “TREE PLANTATION DRIVE”
Mumbai Travellers is conducting a half day tree plantation drive with an NGO Hariyali on 15th July 2017 (Saturday) at Rabale-Tetavali Road, Thane. This is our small attempt to reduce the carbon footprints that we generate in the world of rapid urbanization. This is a Welcome Call to all our Lifetime Members whom we have committed to plant 1 Tree after every travel. We welcome all Members & Travellers to lend your hand and save the Earth!
Details of Tree Plantation Drive
Maximum No. of Volunteer : 25-30 slots
Meeting time : 07:30 am at venue
Plantation location : Hariyali site at Rabale-Tetavali near Miicron Industry
Age group : Open for all & Children are most welcome
Snacks & Refreshments : Sponsored by Mumbai Travellers
Event Schedule :
Meet at venue by 07:30 am and proceed to plantation site. Briefing and Introduction session. Start the activity. Break for refreshment. The work session will end by 10:30-11:00 am. Return back to the Meeting point and disperse.
Please note following pre-requisites. Everyone should
1. Wear proper attire that covers legs and arms to the extent possible. Avoid Bermudas, Shorts or sleeveless t-shirts etc.
2. Wear shoes or floaters. Avoid chappals.
3. Carry rain gear for those who do not wish to get drenched in the rains. (avoid umbrella)
4. Carry large bottle of drinking water.
5. Camera is optional
6. Mosquito Repellent
How To Reach : Public transport available from Rabale Station to the destination.
1. One can drive to Rabale station on Thane Belapur Road, If you are travelling from thane before FOB at Rabale station take left turn go till you come to Central rd. then take right turn till you see Alfa Laval company on left side then take left turn till you see Miicron industries pvt.ltd.Adjacent is Hariyali’s plantation location.
2. From Rabale station all buses are plying to Alfa Laval Company from there Five minutes’ walk to destination. Rabale Station Autos are also available.
Please Note : The work would normally include ridging of old pits and plantation of saplings therein, and water conservation activity in the nature of developing check dams, deepening existing parallel trenches, and post-plantation works like widening the root base, removing weeds, watering the plants etc..
PS: You may contribute to this noble cause by way of donation by cheque in favour of Hariyali, Thane.