Kumaon- Hinterland of Sunsets, Mountains and Meadows !
About the Ecotour to Hinterland-Kumaon :
Kumaon, is the quaint land of ever changing skies mystical views and magical sunsets. A great place for day picnics on sunlight meadows and long walks along the ridge, with the Himalayas peering over conifer covered hills. Here you can meet friendly Pahadi people in picturesque mountain villages, gorge on delicious Kumaoni meals and enjoy afternoon siesta’s in terraced fruit orchards. Spectacular sunrises, star spangled skies, nights trails, Kumaoni songs around campfires and what not !
A journey to serendipity- these undiscovered, untouched spots in Uttarakhand retain their maiden glory to a great extent. Mystical views of silvery peaks and sparkling streams that are sure to leave you in awe. In the hundreds of mountain villages life still goes on in a pretty traditional way, and the chance to get away from the towns and main roads amid the spectacular landscape shouldn’t be missed.
Category : Eco-Tourism
Duration : 04 Nights / 05 Days
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
What is included in the tour
- Train Tickets from Delhi to Kathgodam and return in sleeper class
- Transportation by Jeep for sightseeing and transfer
- Accommodation in tents with hygienic washroom, villager’s house and Daankudi
- All meals on tour (Veg & Non-veg)
- Activities on tour as mentioned itinerary
- Entry tickets, permissions and guide wherever necessary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tax as applicable
- Any Transfers & meals till Delhi and back & meals on train from Delhi to Kathgodam and back
- Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
- Personal expenses or orders like porters, meals, aerated drinks, mineral water or snacks etc
- Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
1. Stay in the campsite, Pahadi’s house & century old Traditional Stone House,
2. Kumaoni lifestyle and meals
3. Stunning panoramic view of Himalayan Ranges from Mukteshwar & Ranikhet
4. Waterfall Trek, Rappelling & Zip Lining
5. Sightseeing, Trailing, Trekking, if time permits-Paragliding at 8000 ft.
Day 00 :
Arrival at Old Delhi railway station by 07:30 p.m. Proceed to Kathgodam by Ranikhet Express by 09:05 pm.
Day 01 :
Arrival at Kathgodam. Drive towards the Land of ever changing skies and magical sunsets-Mukteshwar. Enroute halt for tea. Reach campsite. Freshen up and have breakfast. Get lost in the beautiful endless view of the valley around the campsite. Enjoy the hide and seek of the beautiful meadows and visit aunthentic Chocolate shop. Fill your pockets with some bonafide chocolates and visit Doll Museum !
Back to Campsite. Enjoy the fingerlickin lunch and rest for the while. Enjoy the drive to Chauli Jaali Cliff and experience the thrill of Rappelling and zip lining. Witness the bird’s eye view of sunset with hot cup of tea and Maggi. Back to Campsite and rest. Enjoy the sizzling dinner around the campfire listening Pahadi songs. Lights off for the day !
Day 02 :
Wake up witnessing the glorious sunrise over the Himalaya. Enjoy a trail along the ridge and dense forest. Spot the beautiful birds passing the trail. A day planned to spend next to waterfall enjoying self cooking. A 30 mins trek to Waterfall & slide and splash into the pool with life jackets ! Have lunch and drive to quaint village Sashbani. Have warm tea and Interact with local villagers. Experience their culture, visit the temple and back to homestay for dinner. Experience the lifestyle of Kumaonis.
Day 03 :
Let the lazy morning start with warm breakfast. Pack your bags and back to Campsite. Collect Bags and enjoy the offroading to Ranikhet. Enroute take a halt at Kosi River for lunch. Sup the lunch treating your eyes with riverside view. Visit Katarmal complex ancient Sun temple (only Sun temple in North India). Reach campsite by late evening. Trail down to Daankudi. Rest and dinner around bonfire.
Day 04 :
Enjoy the lazy day at Daankudi. Laze around the tree shack, courtyard. Post lunch, enjoy the mountain drive up to the Aerodeo ridge. This is the 03rd highest ridge in the central Himalayas and the Shiva temple at the top offers a stunning 270 degrees views of the snow peaks. The path is through the forest of pine, deodar and oak. Evening back to Daankudi. Last night bash around the campfire.
Day 05 :
Post breakfast, enjoy the Paragliding in favorable climatic conditions. Post lunch, Drive to Kathgodam station (3 ½ hrs) to board the train. Overnight journey for return train to Delhi
Next Morning : 01st May 2018
Arrival at Delhi railway station by 04:30 – 05:00 am. Return flight / train to Mumbai.
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation.