A Mesmerizing Trip to French city of India !!
About the Pondicherry Tour :
Fondly known as the French city in India, Pondicherry bears the soft charm of its former colonial occupants. The city welcomes you with its white sand beaches, quaint-little cafes, medieval-style churches, and relaxed ambiance. One of the main French colonies of times gone by, Pondicherry sees an influx of tourists from across the world due to its cosmopolitan lifestyle. The Aurobindo Auroville Ashram draws visitors from across the globe to its welcoming principles based on human unity.
Mahabalipuram is a treasure trove of architectural wonders in India. Also called Mamallapuram, this tiny town has much more natural sights to enthral adventurers. Spend a day at the Madras Crocodile Bank and admire these creatures in their natural habitat. This ancient seaport will thrill you with structures that have stood for over 2000 years. Tuck into some delicious Chettinad food; a cuisine that is sure to tingle your taste buds.
Pondicherry and Mahabalipuram are two of the most sought-after tourist destinations in South India. Come and join Mumbai Travellers as we take you on an adventure of a lifetime!
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
What is included in the tour
- A/C Accommodation on twin sharing basis in 03 Star Hotel
- A/C transportation from Chennai to Chennai
- Breakfast and Dinner on Tour
- Entry tickets, sightseeing and permissions wherever necessary
What is NOT included in the tour
- Tax as applicable
- Any Transfers till Chennai
- Lunch, as we want you to try out local cuisines & not restrict to particular restaurant, we have left that option to you. (Off course we have tons of secret food joint list would be happy to share with you.)
- Personal expenses or orders like aerated drinks, mineral water or snacks etc
- Any medical / rescue evacuation due to mishaps like bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Mahabalipuram-Architectural Wonders of India
- Crocodile Bank-Asia’s first crocodile breeding centre
- French Colonies & Headquarters in Pondicherry
- Churches, Beaches & Cafes
Day 01 :
- Arrival at Chennai Airport by 08:30 a.m. Meet the leader and start your journey to Pondicherry. Pondy is a scenic 05-06 hour drive away via East Coast Road of India from Chennai. Enroute lunch and visit to Mahabalipuram. Mahabalipuram is a cluster of architectural monuments situated in a town on a strip between Bay of Bengal and Great Salt Lake.
- Walk through the history of great legends and explore seafront Shore Temples, Arjun’s penance, Krishna’s butterball and Pancha Rathas. Late evening arrival at hotel. Check in and rest. Lights off for the day. Overnight stay in Pondicherry.
Day 02 :
- Get ready with a day bagpack. Post breakfast, proceed to Auroville. Enjoy the scenic drive and a trail till the Matrimandir. Spending some tranquil moments here and filling your shopping bags with scented soaps, perfumes etc. return back to White Town. Have lunch here and visit Botanical park, French Colonies & Headquartes, Churches, Beaches & Temples in Pondicherry. Evening free to seafront Promenade beach and Gandhi Statue. Late evening free for filling your shopping bags from the market. Enjoy the late night dinner & rest for the day.
Day 03 :
- The Last but the amazing travel day of the tour ! Early morning, pack your bags and check out. Drive through the Pondicherry to the Paradise ! Paradise beach is a private beach situated hardly half an hour drive from Pondi. proceed for the boat ride to Paradise Beach Island.
- Experience the tranquility of the shinning sand and relax watching the waves crashing against the shore listening the soothing sound of crashing waves. Back from Paradise beach Island and drive back to Chennai. Enroute have lunch and visit Madras Crocodile Bank (if time permits). Evening arrival at Chennai and fly back to hometown. (Drop to Chennai Airport.)
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Proof (Pan card/Driving License)
1. Extra Pair of Clothes
2. Winter / Rain / Summer Wear (In case of Rain or Chilling Climate)
3. Torch and extra cell-Must
4. Sanitary Kit and Energy Drinks
5. Personal Medicines or First Aid Kit
6. Dry Snacks and Water bottle
7. Cap, goggle, sun screen etc….
8. Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
9. Camera / Binocular (Optional)
10. Rucksack to carry all this thing. (No handbags or jholas)