About Nature Trail to Thane Creek Flamingo Sanctuary :
Thane Creek is one of the most popular bird watchers paradise when it comes to watching birds in Mumbai city. Today it is recognized as an “Important Bird Area” and is declared as “Flamingo Sanctuary” recently by Maharashtra government and State Mangrove Cell. It has a great biodiversity and shows the presence of both Greater as well as Lesser Flamingos along with other bird species like migratory ducks, Ibis, Eurasian Curlew, birds of Prey like Marsh harrier, Osprey, Falcons and many shorebird species. We at Mumbai Travellers have started guided birding safari tours by boat at Thane Creek, which will be a good bird watching experience and will give you immense photographic opportunities. So get set go for this lovely guided tour boat ride with some amazing birding with our birding experts at Thane Creek.
This guided nature trail is open for all the serious nature lovers & photographers and Mumbai Travellers leader will be there to guide you for the same. We shall focus on all sort of Flora & Fauna that nature will gift us.
Category : Wildlife
Highlights : Flamingos
Duration : 1.5 hours
What is included in the tour
1. Mineral Water Bottle (500 ml)
3. Naturalist Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Breakfast and any Other Personal Charges
2. Anythings other then above mentioned inclusions.
3. Taxes as applicable
Meet our Naturalist at Coastal & Marine Biodiversity Centre - Parking Ground (Near Whale Skeleton structure), Airoli-West. Meet & Greet Ceremony with our experts and walk towards the jetty for a boat safari. Enjoy 1 hour boat safari in creek with life jackets and binoculars, scan the banks through binoculars for shore birds, make observations and interact with our naturalist on insights of bird watching in creek and migration of flamingos. Post boat safari we explore the nearby surrounding mangrove forest in search of more birds, watch a small documentary on Thane Creek and end our guided tour at Nature Information Centre.
(PS: Time given in itinerary is considering normal weather, time of this trip depends on high tide timings. So the actual time of the trail will be given 5 day prior to the event)
Trail concludes with happy memories !
Note : One should follow the rules and regulations given by the Expert and should not leave the group till the nature trail ends.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 21 days of Tour/Event/Activity 100% of total price will be refunded. (Condition Apply- Check Note Below)
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 75% of total price will be refunded.
- If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 7 days of Tour/Event/Activity 50% of total price will be refunded.
- After that no refund will be provided on Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant, irrespective even if you’ve booked within the last 7 days.
THINGS TO CARRY
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Personal First Aid kit.
5. Cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, moisturizer etc.
6. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
7. Electral powder / Glucon D
8. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
9. Water Bottle (1 litre )
10. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
11. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake
12. Cap (Optional)
FAQS for FLAMINGO SAFARI
1. How many people will be there in Boat for a safari tour?
– 24 Participants
2. What kind of boat it is?
– A speed boat with roof shed equipped with a life jacket & other safety gears.
3. What is the Child policy for Flamingo Safaris?
– A child above 03 years of age is considered as an adult.
4. Is the boat ride safe?
– Absolutely! All Participants will be getting a life jacket.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari Timings are subject to High Tide timings for scheduled dates.
6. Are Flamingo’s sighted?
– Yes, an estimated 5000 birds have been sighted in this season.
7. What is the best season to do a Safari?
– Winters are the best season (November to March).
8. Where is the meeting point?
– Our Naturalist will be meeting you at Nature Information Centre of Coastal & Marine Biodiversity Centre. (Mangrove Forest, 2, Diva Nagar Rd, Mangrove Forest, Airoli (West), Navi Mumbai)
9. What is a guided tour?
– Tour will be led by our naturalist, who shall share information on flora and fauna of park.
10. How to reach Coastal & Marine Biodiversity Centre?
– The closest train station is Airoli (Harbour Line) & Nahur (Central Line).
11. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Washrooms & Souvenir Shop
12. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– No Charges for Camera or Mobile Phone
13. I am not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…Can I still enroll for safari tour?
– Yes, why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a flamingo safari at least once in his lifetime! It’s an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and that too so close to Mumbai.