About the tour :
Known as the real land of tigers – Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve is the pristine and unique eco-system situated in the Chandrapur district of the Maharashtra State of India. The Reserve contains some of the best of forest tracks and is endowed with rich biodiversity. It is famous for its natural heritage and the name Tadoba is derived from the tribal god named Taru which is worshipped by the tribal and Andhari comes from the Andhari river which flows through the park. The core area of the Reserve is 625 sq.km. This includes Tadoba National Park, created in 1955 with an area of 116.55 sq. km. and Andhari Wildlife Sanctuary created in 1986 with an area of 508.85 sq. km. The core zone of Tadoba has 6 gates and buffer zone has 6 gates. Both core and buffer forest areas are extremely rich in flora and fauna and shelters a huge population of majestic Tigers.
This tour is a special edition wildlife photography tour cured by our wildlife experts and photo mentors who are having years of experience in managing big cat photography tours with special expertise in Tadoba. This season is known to be one of the most promising in last several years simply for the fact that there are many females having cubs and the tiger density in each zone is at it’s best. Simply put Tadoba is heaven for any wildlife photographer and tiger lover right now!
Category : Wildlife Photography
Duration : 03 Nights / 04 Days
Train Suggestions: Ex-Mumbai
Onward Journey : 12289 Mumbai-Nagpur Duronto Express
Return Journey : 12290 Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto Express
Flight Suggestions: Ex-Mumbai
Onward Journey : Air India – 5.45 am – 7.20 am
Return Journey : Indigo- 8.25 pm – 9.55 pm Or Air India – 9.05 pm – 10.35 pm
Note* : You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you.
Cancellation & Refund Policy :
1. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 90 days of Tour/Event/Activity 80% of total price will be refunded.
2. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 60 days of Tour/Event/Activity 60% of total price will be refunded.
3. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 30 days of Tour/Event/Activity 40% of total price will be refunded.
4. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 15 days of Tour/Event/Activity 20% of total price will be refunded.
5. If Tour/Event/Activity cancellation done by participant prior to 14 days or less of Tour/Event/Activity No refund will be provided.
THINGS TO CARRY
ID Card Compulsory (Aadhar/ Pancard/DL)
1. Dull Colored Clothes (Please don’t wear Bright colored Clothes, TRY TO GET AS CAMOUFLAGED AS POSSIBLE)
2. Sanitary Kit
3. Dry Food (snacks)
4. Torch (Must)
5. Personal First Aid kit.
6. Cap, goggle, sunscreen, moisturizer etc..
7. Sport shoes or Kitos/ sandal
8. Electral powder / Glucon D
9. Binocular/Camera with lenses (Optional)
10. Water Bottle (3 liter must)
11. Odomos (Mosquito Repellent)
12. Tripod will be helpful to avoid shake as there will be low light
13. Umbrella or Poncho/Cap
FAQ’s For WILDLIFE SAFARI:
1. How many people will be there in Gypsy for a safari tour?
– All wildlife safaris will have 4 pax in one gypsy (Unless otherwise mentioned particularly regarding 4 or 3 sharing)
2. Can I get a Safari on 2 sharing basis?
– Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
3. What is the Child policy for Wildlife Safaris?
– A child above 05 years of age is considered as an adult for any safari permit all over India. Children below 05 years of age exempted from any safari costs and can travel free of charge.
4. Are Wildlife Safaris safe?
– Absolutely! Even if all the safaris are carried out in an open gypsy, there is hardly any danger from wildlife when travellers are siting inside the vehicle. Plus on every safari we would have a Forest guide with us along with the gypsy driver and our expert who will help out if any unwanted situation arises.
5. What are the safari timings?
– Safari timings change from season to season in different National Parks depending on the Sunrise and Sunset. Usually a safari lasts for 3-4 hours morning and evening.
Approximately the timings are:
Morning: 6.00 am – 10 am
Afternoon : 3.00 pm – 6 pm
6. What is a Core zone and Buffer Zone ?
– A tourism zone in any National Park is divided into two zones: Core Zone and Buffer Zone. Buffer zone lies around the periphery of core forest area. Most of the tourism/safaris takes place in core zone.
7. What is the best season to do a Wildlife Safari?
– The wildlife safari season starts from October-June. In Winter, from October to March one can have amazing birding opportunities with some migratory birds along with decent Tiger sightings and other mammals. March to May as the summer approaches one can have good tiger sightings along with other mammalian sightings and birding. So if you are a tiger centric wildlifer, we suggest you do a safari from March-May.
8. What are the chances of Tiger Sightings during the safaris?
– Tiger sightings are dependent on tracking skills, knowledge of the forest along with luck & chance. Weather conditions also affect tiger sightings. But all our safari tours are well guided with experts and local guides who help track tigers along with other mammals and birds! This has resulted in extremely successful tiger sighting ratio for us compared to others. We also focus on overall biodiversity and hence we ensure that you take back some unique experiences with you if not tiger sightings!
9. Why does one has to book Wildlife Tours in advance?
– The safari permit booking starts 120 days before the actual travel date and this is governed by the forest department. Plus there is a limited number of gyspy’s that are allowed to enter each gate during every safari session. Hence securing your safari booking before others grab it is very crucial and needs to be done at the earliest.
10. What kind of facilities will be available at the destination we are travelling to?
– Though we are taking you to wilderness places away from luxury, we have ensured that you will get at least all the required basic comforts during the tour. Our resorts in all the wildlife safaris tours are Deluxe Category; comfortable and homely. All resorts are equipped with all amenities like comfortable bedding, hot/cold water, western toiletries, A/C facilities, laundry on request, doctor on call, mineral water, generator backup etc. Along with this, Veg-Non veg meals will be available in buffet style. Jain food provision, Wifi connection and Television are also available at most of the places.
11. What are the camera charges for safaris?
– Some National parks forest permit charge extra camera fees to the travellers who are carrying high-end cameras with telephoto lenses or video cameras for photography and videography. Rules are different for different forests. Eg: In Tadoba: A camera with a lens of 250 mm and above is charged Rs.200 per safari.
12. I’m not a professional photographer or frequent wildlifer…can I still enrol for safari tour?
– Yes, why not?? Every nature lover is welcomed on a safari tour! We feel every traveller must do a wildlife safari at least once in his lifetime! Its an experience that every individual must take in especially when India has such a rich biodiversity and Tiger is our national animal.
13. What are photography opportunities for someone who is keen on wildlife photography and will he/she get guidance for the same?
– All our safari tours are balanced providing ample opportunities for wildlife photography. It not only focuses on tigers but also on other mammalian species, birds, reptiles along with capturing beautiful Landscapes and natural beauty. Our experts also help the participants with guidance and tips for wildlife photography.
14. What will the climate/weather be like in/around the park we will travel to?
– The weather differs from region to region. Winters are usually cool with temperature ranging from 8-20 degrees while Summers are hot and dry with temperatures ranging from 25-45 degrees.
Some Do’s :
* Carry clothes according to the season of the visit. Carry clothes that will help you camouflage with the surroundings.
* Always carry original identity proof.
* Carry a fragrance-free Sunscreen.
* Always keep your phone on silent or aeroplane mode when entering the forest.
* Cover your face with a scarf to protect it from dust.
* Also carry extra batteries, memory cards for camera and cover it to protect the camera from dust, rain etc.
* Always remain calm and composed when any sighting takes place. Remember patience is the only key.
* Your guide/mentor and locals know the area inside the forest better than anyone, so do co-operate with them.
* Do follow strict timings as given by your team leader to avoid delay in any activities as safaris are group events.
* Always respect your local guide/driver and their knowledge about the forest during a safari.
* For herping/monsoon wildlife tours, always carry wind-cheaters, proper clothing and shoes, water-proof bags. Also get rainproof covers for your cameras/binoculars etc.
Some Don’ts :
* Do not litter in forest and surrounding areas.
* Do not throw anything out of the gypsy.
* Do not yell, scream or wave at the animals.
* Do not wear brightly coloured clothes or apply any kind of perfumes or deodorants.
* Never feed any animals.
* Do not play any loud music in the vicinity of the forest area.
* No one is allowed to get down from the gypsy inside the forest.
* Do not argue with any person like forest guards, guides, locals or even travellers from another gypsy during the safari.
What is included in the tour
1. Pickup and Drop from Nagpur to Nagpur by AC Private Car
2. 03 Nights/04 Days Accommodation at Resort on Twin Sharing Basis in AC Rooms- Salai Homely Stay or equivalent.
3. All Meals at Tadoba National Park
4. 04 Open Gypsy Safaris in Core Zone & 02 safaris in Buffer Zone
5. All forest permissions and Guide Charges
6. Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai
2. Meals during the train/flight journey
3. Lens/Camera charges
4. Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls
5. Any porter charges,tips and gratitude
6. Anything other than mentioned above
7. Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities or sudden changes in forest fees, permits etc
8. Taxes as applicable
Note*Accommodation on single sharing available on request.(Nominal charges to be paid by the participant as applicable)
Day 1 : Reach Nagpur Junction by 07:30 am. En route breakfast and reach Resort by 11:30 am. Freshen up and rest. After lunch leave for 1st Jungle Safari in search of Tigress & its cubs in Tadoba Core zone. Enjoy the forest of Tadoba. Evening Back to Resort. Tea and snacks. Evening discussion about the safari with photography tips. Dinner and then Rest
Day 2 : Early Morning leave for 2nd Jungle Safari in Tadoba core zone. Enjoy the cool morning breeze tracking some tigers. Back for breakfast. Have rest and lunch. After Lunch Leave for 3rd Jungle Safari. We will be scanning all possible areas in Tadoba core zone depending on the past sightings. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Post Dinner Experience Sharing Session with photography review. Lights Out!
Day 3 : Early Morning Leave For 4th Wildlife Safari. Take some chances with unexplored areas to get rewarded with some exclusive sighting. Back for breakfast. Have rest and lunch. After lunch leave for 5th Jungle Safari in open gypsy to Tadoba buffer zone. Tadoba buffer zone means the new zones formed in Tadoba landscape which were previously under protected forest but the safaris were not functional there. Now with the tremendous increase in number of Tigers in Tadoba buffer, is is one of the must go places. Evening Back to Resort. Dinner. Post Dinner Experience Sharing Session with Photography post processing session. Lights Out!
Day 4 : Set out for the last safari of this Tadoba national park tour. Hopefully by now you would have got some great photos of India’s national animal. In this safari our major focus will be on creating some tiger photographs on the background of beautiful Tadoba buffer zone. Post safari freshen up, pack up and check out. Group lunch and post-lunch leave for Nagpur station.
Board for Mumbai / your respective destination.
Tour concludes with a great ending !!
1. Tiger sighting is a matter of luck, so enjoy the forest with other mammals and birds.
2. Pricing might increase at the last minute if there are any changes made in Fee structure by Forest department.
3. In this tour we are doing 4 safaris in core zone and 2 safaris in buffer zone.