Camping near Riverside, Gazing the Stars…!!
About Stargazing & Vaitarna Camping :
Vaitarna Lake is also called as upper Vaitarna portion, It is an earth fill and gravity dam on west flowing Vaitarna river near Igatpuri, Nashik district of Maharashtra state. the reservoir is created by this dam spreads on both Vaitarna and Godavari rivers catchment area. Vaitarna dam is one of the main Municipal water supply to Mumbai City. This place is rarely visited by tourists and it is surrounded by mountains and small small villages consisting of 8-15 houses per village. Imagine a camping trip with such beautiful surrounding, delicious food made on chulha and the opportunity to make new friends.
Star gazing is an activity carried out in the presence of experts observing stars, planets and other objects in universe with the help of Telescope. “Mumbai Travellers in association with Beyond Earth”; is organizing this event “Stargazing & Camping” where you will be spending your whole night with stars on the riverside campsite witnessing one of the dark skies of Maharashtra.
Category : Camping
Type : Stargazing
Duration : 1 Night / 2 Days
What is included in the tour
1. Accommodation in Tents on Triple Sharing basis (Three in one tent)
2. Transportation Ex-Dadar by non-ac private vehicle
3. Meals during the trip (Evening Snacks-Dinner-Breakfast) with tea and refreshment. Veg and Non Veg both.
4. All permissions, Tolls and expertise
5. Stargazing Session with Telescope from our expert Mr.Vikram Virulkar
Note : Temporary camping toilet available near campsite.
What is NOT included in the tour
3. Tax as applicable
4. Anything other than mentioned above
Day 1 :
We will meet at Dadar by 11.30 am. After a briefing session, grab your seat in our Private Bus and here we start our journey towards the picturesque campsite at Vaitarna. En-route halt for lunch at dhaba near Kasara (on your own expense). Enjoy the journey with beautiful nature-scapes, gupshup and songs during the journey. Reach base village of campsite by 3 or 4 pm.
On arrival refresh yourself with a glass of welcome drink (non-alcoholic) and Get our bags ready to reach riverside. Our secluded camping site exactly on the waterfront and we trek for around 15-20 mins to reach at the campsite ! On arrival, Set yourself free, let your soul feel the beautiful sunset and let your mind express its likelihood to silent breeze! Now we will proceed with stargazing session. Our expert Mr.Vikram Virulkar will share his part of information on Astronomy and stargazing.
Meanwhile our local supporters will arrange for our dinner. Taste the yummy local cuisines in dim light ambiance of the campsite. Make sure you do not hesitate to grab a lil more if you really love it ;-)
Post dinner it’s the telescope time ! Star-gazing continues. You have option of exploring more and more stars till late night. Enjoy the night and rest in the tents.
Let that night have no end…Let the talks going on and on…meanwhile, for those who are very sleepy, let the night take charge of you. Off to your tents for sweet dreams. Day ends.
Day 2 :
Today, let your sleep break by chirping of birds. Wake up to witness the refreshing water in front of our campsite. Freshen up and enjoy the beautiful view while you sip a cup of hot tea! Have some good breakfast and explore the campsite area. Go get some water splashes on your face or click a cool selfie with the beautiful water in background.
Around 09.30 am start wrapping up the tents and pack up your bags. Time for a memorable group photo and then leave for our departure from the site. Around 10-11 am we will start the return journey towards Mumbai in our Private Bus. En route halt for lunch. Reach Mumbai by 4 or 5 pm.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories but relation continues :D
1. Basic Washroom facility available at campsite, it’s camping not a leisure trip so one needs to be prepare themselves accordingly.
2. Please go through the complete itinerary, we won’t entertain any request of leaving early from the event. It’s a group event not a customized one, so please adhere to schedule and take back lovely memories.
Things to Carry :
Id Proof Compulsory
1. Dry Food (Snacks)
2. Torch with Extra cell + candle/matchbox/lighter
3. Personal Medicines
4. Extra clothes and rain wear
5. Cap, Mosquito repellent
6. Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
7. Electral Powder/Tang/Glucon D
8. Sanitary kit
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Water bottle (2ltr must)
11. Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
12. Bedsheet/ Pull over (Compulsory)
13. Raincoat or Poncho.
1. Where exactly is Campsite and how to reach there ?
-Campsite is located at Nashik District and the nearest railway station is Kasara.
2. Can we drive down till campsite
– If you are planning to drive down to campsite, it will be totally at your own risk as Mumbai Travellers are not responsible for thefting, damage or any break down.
3. Can children or senior citizen join this camping ?
-Camping are open for all age group. Infants are not allowed on outdoor trips for health concern.
4. How many people will be there in one batch ?
-Normally, our batch size for Camping is 10-25 travellers and registration are open on first come first serve basis.
5. Can I get accommodation on twin sharing basis ?
-Definitely yes, but it will be on extra cost and you need to inform us well in advance.
6. What are washroom facility available at campsite ?
-As we are already in wilderness, the facility of washroom is very basic and limited. We provide toilet tent near Campsite; common for every one!
7. What is Child Policy ?
– If child needs extra seat in vehicle, extra bed and extra meals then the child will be considered as an adult. If not, then child below 04 years will be exempted from tour cost and can travel free of cost.
8. What is best season for Camping?
-Best Season for Camping is October to June.
9.I have already registered. When will I get tour details of Camping event
-Usually, the final tour details like things to carry, leader’s contact details, meeting details and Do’s & Dont’s will be send on email 3 days prior to the trip.
10. Can I pay on spot ?
-Travel Cashless ! Why to carry cash when we have multiple payment options like internet banking, cheque deposit or PayTm.
11.Can we leave early from Campsite ?
-As it is a group tour, we prefer people staying in the group and enjoy every part of scheduled trip and expect everyone to adhere the schedule and take back lovely memories.
12. What kind of Tents are we staying ?
– We have 4 men Alpine Tents with waterproof covering.