First Sunrise of 2019 from Top of Maharashtra !!
Theme of New Year Night Trek :
Celebrating Mumbai Travellers Anniversary at the same place from where we started right five years back at “The Top Of Maharashtra at Kalsubai Peak”. History will repeat itself, and we will see the first sunrise of new year once again from the Top of Maharashtra. With the Same Tradition and Culture we will Rock The Upcoming Year Once Again !!
About the Tour :
Kalsubai Peak is the Highest Peak of the Sahyadris (1646 M) in the Akole Taluka of Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. Kalsubai Temple is Located at the Topmost peak of Sahyadri Mountain Range Of Maharashtra. To reach the summit there are various trekking routes and animal tracks. The main route starts from the village of Bari which is about six km from Bhandardara. To reach Bari, one has to travel to Igatpuri on the Mumbai Nashik route.
What is included in the tour
1. Transportation from Kasara To Kasara by private transportation
2. Dinner, Breakfast & Lunch (Veg Only)
3. Expertise and guide charges
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Taxes as applicable
2. Train Tickets Mumbai – Kasara – Mumbai
3. Any other personal expenses
New Year Special Night Trek
Day 01 : 31st December 2018
Catch slow train from CSTM (04:52 pm) to Kasara (07:30 pm). Meet our leaders near ticket counter at Kasara Railway Station. Proceed by private transportation towards the small base village of Mt.Kalsubai (1646 mts), Bari. Start night trek to Mt. Kalsubai peak by 12:30 a.m approx. Enjoy the dinner at local villager’s house. Post dinner, have briefing and enjoy introduction of all fellow travellers. Once the clock strike 12, celebrate the New Year Eve and Mumbai Travellers’ Anniversary at the same place where we started the unique journey of Mumbai Travellers 06 years back.
Start night trek to Mt. Kalsubai peak by 12:30 a.m approx. Reach at Kalsubai by 03:30 / 04:00 am. Rest till morning near well as it will be windy and cold at the summit. It is advisable to carry Sleeping Bag/Mat/Bedsheet to avoid the chilling climate.
Day 02 : 01st January 2019
Witness the First Sunrise of New Year 2018 from highest peak of Maharashtra, Kalsubai.
Have hot tea and breakfast in shivering chilled morning. Proceed to top of Kalsubai for Temple Darshan. Enjoy the scenic view of Shayadri ranges visible around Kalsubai and gratify yourself on successful submitting Mt. Kalsubai Peak. After Temple darshan, start descending back by 11:00 am around. Reach base by lunch time. Enjoy the simple homely lunch and return back to Kasara. We will reach back to Mumbai by evening.
Tour Concludes with fun-loving Memories :)
1. There is only one toilet available at base. There is no washroom/ toilet available enroute or top of Kalsubai peak.
2. The climate at Kalsubai Peak is very chilling and cold. As there is no shed/roof at Kalsubai peak, it is advisable to strictly carry winter wears and bedsheet/sleeping bag / mat or pullover.
3. As it is 4 hours trek to “The Highest Peak of Maharashtra” and not a picnic, it is not advisable for first time trekkers.
4. Though it is New Year Trek, Consumption of Alcohol or any substances is not permitted on trek. No arguments will be entertained. If found, trekking under influence of drugs or drinks you’ll be barred from the trek. And our responsibility ceases with you.