Mumbai on Wheels !!
About Mumbai Midnight Cycle Ride :
Fancy a cycle ride through the treasured heritage sites of the city you call home? Come and discover aamchi Mumbai on a cycle tour with like-minded adventure enthusiasts. Let the sights and sounds of South Mumbai enthral you under the indigo midnight sky. Breathe in the crisp, cool air you pass by great monuments, old structures, and architectural wonders, all lying asleep at the close of day.
The crackling sounds of a fire to keep a watchman warm, the buzz at a chaiwalla stall, and whoosh of a bus hurriedly moving along to its last halt are truly a different take on the bustling city. Indulge a wave of nostalgia as you pass by the truly magnificent Queens Necklace at night and marvel at the placid waters blending in the dark horizon. Each piece of the city is intricately woven with the past of our colonial history and the future of our hopes and dreams. Come join Mumbai Travellers and discover Mumbai, the city that truly never sleeps!
Category : Cycling
Level : Easy
Duration : 1 Night
Age Limit : 18 years and above
Approximate Distance : 25 kms (Round Trip)
1. No midway back out during the ride if you want you can drop the cycles on starting point on your own expenses.
2. There might be an alteration in the route as per the situation.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Wear Shorts / Track Pants and T Shirt for the tour
- Water Bottle (2 Litre) Must
- Dry Food (snacks) and Chocolates
- Personal Medicines/ First Aid Kit
- Poncho / Wind cheater / Rain cover
- Sturdy Sport shoes
- Electral powder / Glucon D /Tang Must
- Camera (Optional)
- Sunscreen and Goggle
- Rucksack to carry all these things
Important Tips for Cycling Tour :
- Do not carry heavy luggage while travelling. It burns your energy and takes the fun away.
- The best way to distress is by involving into various activities in the itinerary.
- Do not use abusive language or play loud music. By doing this you will only loose respect and get divided from the locals.
- Talk to your local coordinator who will accompany you in all activities in case of any discomfort.
- In case you are curious to try something please do so but with permission of your coordinator only.
- Mumbai Travellers will not be responsible for any physical harm during the activity. If you follow the instruction of the coordinator chances of getting hurt remain rare.
- Carry desired medicines. In case of any allergy, please inform the coordinator to take care of your stay.
What is included in the tour
1. Cycle Rental
2. Refreshments, water bottle & energy drink on tour
4. Expertise & Mechanic Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Any Transfer till Colaba and back
2. Anything mentioned than above
3. Tax as applicable
The tour starts at 11:30 pm at Theobroma, Cusrow Baug, Colaba Causeway, Colaba. A guided tour follows with participants taken through the history of various heritage structures in South Mumbai. The entire ride is an interactive session with participants sharing stories and experiences with each other, bonding, and revelry.
Points Of Interest Covered:
1. Gateway of India
This historic landmark of Mumbai was completed in 1924. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, no Mumbai selfie is complete without a visit to this majestic gateway.
2. Nariman Point
The end point of South Mumbai, Nariman Point is a popular hangout for college students and families on a walk post dinner. A beautiful sea facing promenade, the beauty of the city can be seen from the views of the coastline here.
3. Marine Drive
A concrete C-shaped boulevard, Marine Drive is a much sought-after landmark facing the Arabian Sea. The magic of the location lies in an air view of the locale: the lights resemble a string of pearls thus earing it the moniker Queens Necklace.
4. Breach Candy
This elite neighbourhood is a treat to eyes. With a blend of tastefully constructed towers and cottages, Breach Candy is also home to the 18th century Mahalaxmi temple.
5. Worli Sea Face
Another popular promenade, Worli Sea Face is popular as a jogging track, outdoor yoga spot, and a gathering place for social and cultural activities.
6. Haji Ali
A 15th century dargah, the magic of Haji Ali lies in its unique location in the midst of the sea. Accessible by a narrow walkway, the area near the dargah is one of Mumbais most famous food haunts for kebabs, falooda and Mughlai cuisine.
7. The Antilia Tower
Renowned globally as the worlds most expensive residential property, its estimated worth is $1 billion. The property is owned by Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani and is known for its unique architecture.
8. Mumbai University
A heritage structure with a unique history, the building of Mumbai University is over 200 years old and yet stands strong.
9. Bombay High Court
One of the oldest high courts in India, the structure dates back to 1862. The gothic-styled structure is an architectural delight.
10. Rajabai Clock tower
A soaring 250ft. high landmark in South Mumbai, the tower is a unique blend of French and Gothic architecture. Mumbais very own Big Ben.
11. Flora Fountain
This heritage structure dates back to 1864 and was named after the Roman goddess Flora. One of the most noted landmarks in the south side of the city.
12. BMC HQ building
Take in a night view of the structure that houses the citys municipal corporation. A massive brick structure reminiscent of days gone by with its sturdy architecture and old-world feel.
13. Horniman Circle
Named after British journalist Benjamin Horniman who supported the Indian freedom struggle, the area is an art and culture hub of Mumbai city.