Abode of the Clouds…!!
About the Offbeat Tour to Nagaland-Meghalaya-Shillong :
Experience the never before experienced destinations of North East India tour with Mumbai Travellers. One of the most offbeat tours of India which covers wettest place on earth, experience of caving, Roaming in Jungle on Elephant, visit world’s biggest river island, world war 2 cemetery, interaction with tribal’s of Nagaland, Bangladesh crossing border and lots more. North East India is always being a neglected & ignored by all means, though this sector is blessed with all the necessary features required to be a perfect Holiday Destination… Come join us for the Dazzling adventure !
Category : Special Tour
Type : Leisure & Offbeat
Duration : 11 Nights / 12 Days
Highlights of the Tour:
1. Cherrapunji: world’s wettest place
2. Dawki River : Get way to Bangladesh
3. Mawlynnong: Cleanest village in Asia
4. Kaziranga National Park: Known for Rhino’s
5. Majuli Island: Largest river island
6. Kohima: World war 2 cemetery
What is included in the tour
1. Accommodation on twin sharing basis
2. Daily Breakfast & Dinner
3. All Transfers & Sightseeing by Innova
4. All Inner line Permits & Necessary Taxes
5. Boat ride to Majuli Island
6. Jeep Safari in Kaziranga National Park
7. Mumbai Travellers Experts
8. Monument Fees and Entry Tickets
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Air Fare / Train Fare
2. Adventure activity at Dawki and Elephant Ride at Kaziranga
3. Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, bottled water, tips etc
4. Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle other than mentioned in the itinerary
5. Camera Fees
6. Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, road blockage, political disturbances etc. (to be borne by clients, which is directly payable on the spot).
7. Any Increase in Taxes Or fuel price, leading to increase in cost of surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
9. Tax as applicable
10. Anything other than above mention inclusions
Day 01 – Guwahati – Shillong (100 Kms / 03 Hrs)
Welcome to Guwahati. Meet & assist by our representative at Guwahati Airport and proceed to Shillong also called Scotland of East. If time permits, enroute visit the majestic Umiam Lake (Barapani) and Don bosco monument. Overnight stay in Shillong.
* Participants have to reach Guwahati before 12:00 hrs
Day 02 – Shillong – Cherrapunji (60 Kms / 02 Hrs)
Early morning visit Shillong peak, Ward’s Lake. After breakfast drive to Cherrapunji. After reaching Cherrapunji visit Mawsmai Cave and Falls, Elephanta Cave, Seven Sister Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Overnight stay at Cherrapunji.
Day 03 – Cherrapunji – Dawki- Cherrapunji (70 Kms/ 02 Hrs one way)
After breakfast drive to Dawki known as place for the Bangladesh border crossing. On arrival go for adventure activities like Zipline, Kayaking, Snorkeling and Cliff Jumping (at your own extra cost). Evening back to Hotel. Overnight stay at Cherrapunji.
Day 04 – Cherrapunji – Mawlynnong – Shillong (180 Kms /06 Hrs)
After breakfast visit Mawlynnong Village known as Asia’s cleanest village. Visit the living double dekker root bridge and another nature’s strange phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock. Evening proceed towards Shillong. Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 05 – Shillong – Kaziranga (230 Kms / 08 Hrs)
After breakfast proceed towards Kaziranga National Park a world heritage site and Tiger Reserve spread over an area of 430 Sq kms. 80% of the world’s Rhino’s population found here. Evening you can enjoy the tribal dance. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 06 – Kaziranga National Park
Post breakfast proceed for exclusive jeep safari (07:30 am onwards) in the central range. Visit Park in the afternoon for Jeep safari. Evening free for rest. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 07 – Kaziranga National Park – Majulis Island (180 Kms/06 Hrs)
Early morning proceed towards Majuli the biggest river island in the word and Baishnovaites Monasteries. You will have to cross Mighty Bramhaputra River to reach Majuli village (one and half hours by ferry). Overnight stay at Bamboo Cottage in Majuli.
Day 08 – Majuli Island
After breakfast visit Sattras (The sattra is a religious and cultural institute which is concerned with the dissemination of the principles & devotional practices of New-Vaishanvism – religious movement which had a strong impact on the religious and socio cultural life of Asami’s People since 15th century). Enjoy the culture & tradition of local people. Evening enjoy the sunset from the southern part of the Island. Overnight stay at Majuli.
Day 09 – Majuli – Kohima (350 Kms / 10 hrs)
After breakfast proceed towards Kohima, Evening check In Hotel. Overnight stay at Kohima.
Day 10 – Kohima – Kisama – Kohima (12 Kms / 30 Mins one way)
After breakfast visit World War 2 Cemetery, Kisama village known for Hornbill Festival. Lunch at Demori cove. Post lunch visit Kigwema an old village. Evening back to Hotel. Overnight stay at Kohima.
Day 11 – After breakfast drive to Guwahati (350 Kms / 10 Hrs)
After breakfast proceed towards Guwahati. Enjoy local market and bramhaputra river cruise (at an extra cost) if time permits. Overnight stay at Guwahati.
Day 12 – Departs from Guwahati
After breakfast, proceed back to Mumbai. Tour Concludes with Happy Memories :D