Explore and Photograph the avian wonders of LRK !!
About the Tour :
LRK has been a renowned destination for avid birders, naturalists and photographers alike. Our primary focus during this workshop is to observe & photograph different species of birds residents, migrants as well as passage migrants. With Wild Asses kicking and running around loose, this wetland is a paradise for photographers. LRK is visited by a number of Raptors this season which include Merlin, Peregrine Falcon, Steppe Eagle, Imperial Eagle and various species of Harriers. Its a place full of surprises as you never know you may just spot a raptor on a kill or a bird that is extremely rare. Itll also offer a chance to picture Hoopoe Lark, Short-eared Owl, Desert Warbler, Greater and Lesser Flamingos, Common Crane, Long-legged Buzzard, Sandgrouse, Pelicans and Greater Short-toed Lark. During this workshop, the participants will get a chance to sight, photograph, observe and learn about various species of birds and get hands-on tips on bird photography from experts.
Outing Date : 19th – 21st January 2018
Category : Wildlife and Photography
Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Content of the Workshop
This workshop is designed to give participants a huge takeaway in terms of learning and experiencing birding with experts in the field. Whether your a beginner in photography or an expert, have keen interest in wildlife or just passionate about birding, then this workshop is just for you. This is also a wonderful opportunity to work closely with fellow photographers and wildlife enthusiasts as well. Our activities will involve making the most of the photographic opportunities PLUS gaining scientific field knowledge. This workshop will encompass:
1. Three days intense birding and photography at various locations within the Little Rann of Kutch.
Observing different species of birds, mainly Raptors and other wetland birds as well as mammals including endemic Asiatic Wild Ass
2. We will be discussing different bird identification methods and some quick tips for sharpening birding skills.
Vital skills for bird photography like approach, techniques and what NOT to do when making images of birds will be discussed in the field itself.
3. LRK is famous as the worlds last refuge of the Indian Wild Ass. We will be making the most of the opportunities to make great images of this gorgeous mammal. Get in-depth scientific knowledge on different species from the wildlife expert and learn from their experiences in the field.
4. Learning nuances of photography in general with hands-on tips & techniques shared by experts.
The mesmerizing landscape of LRK, offers innumerable opportunities to experiment with your creativity and indulge in HDRs, Time-lapses and Scape shots.
5. Majority of our time will be spent in the field to make the most of this opportunity, even if it involves adding a few extra miles to our safari
What is included in the tour
1. Transfers from Ahmadabad to resort and back
2. Accommodation on Twin / triple sharing basis with hot-cold running water.
3. Full buffet meals at Little Rann of Kutch (Day 1 Breakfast to Day 3 Lunch)
4. Expert charges
5. Permits and Forest Department Entry charges wherever applicable are inclusive
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Air/Train Tickets to Ahmedabad
2. Beverages, personal orders , laundry etc
3. Personal Expenses, camera fees, tips and gratitudes
4. Anything other than mentioned above
6. Taxes as applicable
Day 0 – Overnight Journey towards Ahmedabad
Assemble at Ahmedabad by 0730 hrs. We will travel by road to LRK and should reach our resort at around 1100 hrs. After room allocation and freshening up we will have a small orientation session about the terrain, species and how next days will be like. The first safari of the tour will take you to the mesmerizing landscapes of LRK to observe and photograph bird frenzy. As the golden evening light starts to set in we will try to make images of Wild Asses against the light capturing vibrant silhouettes PLUS this is also time for some raptors esp. Harriers to roost which gives an ideal opportunity to make ground level images or to just enjoy the red sun setting at the horizon.
Day 2 –
The day begins early as we prepare ourselves to head to second safari before the early morning light hits the Rann. We will be scouring vast expanses of Rann to spot and photograph raptors. Early morning is an ideal time to find a raptor on a kill if luck supports. Post safari, back at base we will discuss the outcome, learning and challenges of previous two safaris. Evening safari will pretty much be like that of previous safari but with the major change in habitat. We will be going well off 40 kms inside LRK which is all together a different habitat. Chances of Macqueen’s Bustard, Indian Courser and Desert Foxes are high here.
Day 3 –
Early morning wake up and a head out for our safari and try to make the most of this last safari of the trip. Post lunch check out and head back to Ahmadabad with amazing memories, experience, stories and images to share on websites, blogs for the times to come.