Herping Special Jungle Trail to Matheran !!
About Matheran Herping Trail :
Matheran apart from being a tourist attraction is also well known for its flora and fauna. Many endangered species has been recorded in Matheran by naturalists. This Trip is basically planned to explore Matheran forest for reptiles, amphibians and other nocturnal animals. This trip will be accompanied by a Herpetologist who will help you with identification and photography techniques.
Category : Wildlife
Type : Wildlife Photography Tour (Herpetofauna)
Duration : 1 Day
1. These night trails are focus solely on the Herpetofauna of Matheran and are designed for extensive 8-9 hours of Herpetology exploration.
2. The focus will remain on exploring and photographing nocturnal micro and macro fauna and is recommended for travellers with genuine interest in exploring the same. Night trails will be extensive walking for 3-4 hours in rain and muddy ground.
3. Basic amenities will be made available for travellers to rest and freshen up.
4. The last trail will end around 2.30 am on Sunday and by 4 am we shall depart for Neral station. If anyone wishes to extend the stay and check out late, it can be arranged at an extra cost.
What is included in the tour
- Shared room at Home stay with basic amenities for freshening up and resting.
- Meals included : Evening Snacks, Dinner and Breakfast.
- Transportation from Neral to Neral by local taxi.
- 03 Forest trails conducted by our expert.
- Expertise charges and Entry tickets.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Other Expense other than mentioned above.
- Taxes as applicable.
Leave for Neral by Karjat Local train from CST starting at 1.40 pm (fast train). Reach Neral by 3.30 pm. We will move towards Matheran by Local Taxi. We will be entering Matheran Forest by 4.30 pm.
Session One : Start exploring forest right from the beginning till main Market via small trails relax over tea and snacks.
Session Two : Later around 7.00 pm we will start with our second forest trail in search of reptiles. Explore the mysterious world of frogs, reptiles, spiders and so on. Try hands on macro- photography and compose some super shots of these hidden jewels. Return to market area for Dinner.
Session three : Post dinner around 10.00 pm we will be doing our third trail in the forest. This trail will be the longest and the most exciting one! Experience the thrill of nocturnal life. Observe the wildlife in its raw form and get to know more these amazing creatures. Return to our home stay by 2.00 – 2.30 am. Rest at the home stay.
At dawn, walk back to the Dasturi naka still observing and looking for the beautiful herpetofauna of Matheran. Catch the first train back to Mumbai. Transfer from Matheran to Neral station will be local taxi.
Tour concludes with the Happy Moments :)