Explore the Lost Civilization-Dholavira, Queen’s Stepwell & Modhera Sun Temple !!
About Dholavira, Queen’s Stepwell & Sun Temple :
On the Fringes of Gujarat, Dholavira is situated on a small island “Khadirbet” in the Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary in Great Rann of Kutch. City of Dholavira is one of the Five Largest Harappan Civilization highlighting architecture, systematic Urban Planning and unearthed large number of antiquities. Making this one of the grandest city of the history , a stepwell has been excavated here considering it three times bigger than Mohen-Jo-Daro.
The Queen’s Stepwell also known as Rani-Ki-Vav is a Unesco World Heritage site located 05 hours drive from Dholavira. Well Famous for its ornate walls full with the sculptures of graceful Gods & Goddess narrating a Mythological story. It would be cherry on the cake to visit Modhera Sun Temple near Mehsana which is anciently built and a visit worth for the beautifully carved pillars and exterior. A small water reservoir beside the temple have small steps to reach at the bottom. It is a great combo of Historical miracles and is certainly one of the Most offbeat & Must Visit destinations in Gujarat. Get your backpack ready to Explore it soon with Mumbai Travellers.
Train Suggestions :
Mumbai to Mehsana on 12th January 2018 : Aravali Express
Samakhiyali to Mumbai on 14th January 2018 : Kutch Express
1. Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets. You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you !
2. As it is totally offbeat destination, there are very basic facility available and limited sources available for the stay, vehicle and meals. Mumbai Travellers are serving the best facility available at Dholavira.
What is included in the tour
1. Transportation from Mehsana to Samakhiyali by ac vehicle
2. Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis
3. All Veg Meals on tour (02 breakfast, 02 lunch & 01 dinner)
4. Entry Tickets and sight-seeings
5. Tolls, Permit and Parking
6. Guide and Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
1. Any Transfers till Mehsana & back from Samakhiyali
2. Meals on Train Journey
3. Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
1. Dholavira – One of the Five Largest Harappan Civilization
2. Rani-Ki-Vav – Queen’s Stepwell & UNESCO World heritage site
3. Sun Temple at Modhera
Day 00 :
Leave from Bandra Terminus by Aravali Express by 20:55 hrs
Day 01 :
Welcome to Gujarat ! Early morning arrival at Mahesana. With a short briefing and introduction, proceed to Modhera Sun Temple. Enroute freshen up and have breakfast. Reach and explore the graceful architecture of the temple. The Sun temple is believed to be constructed in Solanki dynasty under the king Bhimdev. The beautiful Rama Kund in front of temple has 108 shrines to various gods-demi-gods. The temple is gracefully carved showing similar carvings as Sun Temple in Konark.
Further, proceed towards to Rani Ki Vav, also known as Queen’s stepwell. It is the awarded as Cleanest Iconic Place in 2016. The 900 year old stepwell in the heart of Patan was built as the memorial to a king by Queen Udaymati. Witnessing the ornate seven layers of the stepwell which holds more than 500 sculptures leaves you awetruck ! Filling your SD cards with beautiful pictures, start our journey to the most awaited destination of the trip.
Post lunch, enjoy the long drive to the Khadir Island witnessing the Great Rann of Kutch. Late night check in to the hotel. Have dinner and rest for the day.
Day 02 :
Our day starts with early morning informative session on the greatness of the largest Harappan Civilization- Dholavira. Explore the hidden land of Kutch and the grandest city of its era making it three times bigger than Great bath of Mohen-Jo-Daro. Visit the ASI established Dholavira Museum, fossil park. Have lunch and fill your shopping bags with handicraft at local villager’s house. Move towards Samakhiyali Railway station and board return train to Bandra Terminus by 10:40 p.m
Next Day : Reach Bandra Terminus by 10:25 am.
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation