Kutch nai dekha toh kuch nai dekha !!
About the Rann of Kutch in Full Moon :
Its time for the new backpacking journey. Mumbai Travellers is exploring the land of many wonders The great Rann of Kutch. Its unique landscape and rich culture as well as the gifted artisans and colourful tribals that inhabit the area are enough win you over. Get ready to soak into the colors of Gujarati culture and heritage are the heart of Rann of Kutch in backpacking style.
Its that time of the year when you can experience it all with the desert carnival of Gujarat, The RannUtsav. The pure salt marsh, captivating sunrise and sunset and the It is a cultural and artistic extravaganza which is annually organised by the Gujarat Tourism Department focusing to promote the cultural ethnicity and diversity of this region. The desert carnival celebrates art, craft, music, dance, nature and people of Kutch, one of the most ethnically and ecologically diverse districts of Gujarat.
Mumbai travellers is ready to witness some of Indias varied terrains serving as a backdrop,under full moon night with a perpetual breeze made comfortable by numerous bonfires the festival provides the perfect ambiance to sit back, relax and enjoy the various forms of traditional art and culture on offer.
What is included in the tour
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner.
- 02 Night accommodation in Village resort at Hodka.
- 01 Day accommodation at Bhuj Hotel
- All Intercity and Intra city transfers & Long distance sightseeing by private vehicle
- An experienced backpacking expert & a Friend who will help you take the hassle out of your travel
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entry tickets & Guide fees (Some like museum some dont so why pay us if you dont).
- Train tickets (Mumbai Bhuj Mumbai) .
- Anything other than mentioned above
- Visiting White Rann Of Kutch around Full Moon Night
- Bhonga and tent stay at Hodka Village
- Delicious Local food
- Beautiful Mandvi Beach
- Herritage of Bhuj Vijay Vilas Palace and other Monument
Day 00 :
Overnight Journey in train by KUTCH EXP./BDTS-BHUJ
Day 01 :
Arrival at Bhuj morning 10.30 and will move towards the Rann of Kutch. This is the most awaited full moon day. We will move towards the one of the village resort in Rann. Its a small Hodka village near the Kutch desert where we will stay in traditional village huts (Bhunga). We will start by exploring ran Utsav in small villages in the desert.
This day will dedicate to Rann-Utsav. We will spend the night witnessing the magnificent beauty of full moon on the backdrop of white sand of Rann.
Day 02 :
Today, get ready to explore the Banni and Pachcham regions and the edge of the Great Rann of Kutch. Visit Dhordo village, Bhirandiyara village, Ludiya village and Khavda village. Later visit Kalo Dungar (Black Hill) and Dattatray Temple, which provides the view of the Great Rann & sunset. Return to the resort. Traditional dinner at the resort and a folk music performance around a bonfire Overnight stay at the Hodka Village.
Day 03 :
Today, proceed to the coastal town Mandvi. Visit Vijay Villas Palace Summer retreat of the royal family. Enjoy balance day at the beach. Overnight stay at the hotel.
After Breakfast will leave for bhuj sightseeing will seeing. Proceed to visit some of the interesting places around the city of Bhuj including the Aaina Mahal, Kutch Museum, Nutan Swaminarayan Mandir, Anjar (Jesal-Toral Samadhi) and Bhujodji (the craft Village) over the day. We will return to hotel by evening and overnight train journey.
Day 04 :
Arrival at Mumbai By BHUJ DDR EXP. Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
Important Note: This is Guided Backpacking version of Trip . Our Itineraries are carefully put together by our backpacking experts aiming to cover & experience some lesser known must-see offbeat places in India in backpacking style. Our trips are the perfect way to rediscover and socialize yourself with like-minded backpackers while you explore the unexplored places in India which are offbeat and general tourist often skip because of the obscure nature of these locales. After all, Columbus wouldn't be Columbus if hed stuck to taking the same journey again and again, right Occasionally backpacking trips might!
FAQs For Backpacking Trips
1. What’s the age range of the Group trip
– We have travelers from all the groups of age. Since this is an offbeat backpacking travelling community, The majority of travelers are between the age group of 20-40 belonging from various professional sectors.
2. I am travelling solo for the first time . how can i expect my experience to be
– Most of our travelers here are solo . No one has a prior acquaintance with anybody other than on the community. It is going to be like the first day of school or college or office, excitement of meeting new people with the thrill of the trip. Do not expect anything less than an adventure. Absolutely, that’s the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour lead will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
3. Are single traveler mainly male or female
Most of our trips split pretty evenly down gender lines. We average roughly 60:40 female-to-males, so youll never feel outnumbered.
4. How can i be sure i am safe
– We follow a set of safety rules to make your travel experience physically and mentally safe. Our team is well trained and equipped to handle any kind of situations. Also we send precaution note for most of our trips couple of days
5. What if i want room to myself
-The fun of travelling in groups is sharing of rooms. We recommend that you share the room with fellow travelers for better bonding and understanding. Somehow, if you wish to have a separate room anyway, that can be possible for additional amount depending upon the accommodation.
6. How much freedom do i have during a Backpacking trip
-Every trip has an well designed itinerary to make most out of the destination or event. Group travel are all about experiences . However If any point of time, you feel like exploring the things by yourself or would like to skip a day at stay back apart from set Itinerary, you have the freedom to do so yes only after consulting with tour Lead (Remember Traveler adhere the additional cost if any ;) ). Not everybody likes museums like no everyone enjoys shopping.
Essential Checklist :
Our number one piece of advice is: collect everything you think you need
Almost everyone brings far too much stuff. We like to travel light. However, everyone has different wants and needs, so make sure you bring the stuff that makes you happy when travelling!
1. Should i bring Backpack or Suitcase
– Either is completely fine! Personally, we would recommend a backpack as it easier to carry around when going from trains to boats (and easier to lift above your head when standing knee-deep in water ;)).
2. Parents often worry about the safety of their progeny. This is completely understandable.
– Its why a group tour is ideal for any first-time traveller you are mostly in the company of other travellers, so are far less likely to get into trouble than if you were travelling solo. We try to ensure the safety of all our travellers, however we are also against the babysitting approach of other tour companies. This means a healthy amount of individual space, with a base understanding that everyone is a self-sufficient, responsible adult.
3. What are accommodation like
– During the tour you will be staying in varied places (one being the night train! during travel). However, most nights you will be staying in twin or Triple rooms/Hostels/Havelis/Nature Camps etc.. with a fellow Travellers. Our accommodation are comfortable and safe and we strive to get you guys in the best locations so some mornings youll be waking up on a lake, and others right on the beach!
4. How fit do I need to be
– You dont have to be an athlete to travel with us all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
5. Do I need to bring a sleeping bag or mosquito net
– You dont need to bring a sleeping bag unless informed but a sleeping bag liner/ inner is advisable. You don’t need to bring a mosquito net but we do recommend getting bug repellent.